Kedarnath, situated in the state of Uttarakhand, India, is a famous pilgrimage site that attracts thousands of devotees every year. If you are planning a Kedarnath trip from Delhi, here are some reasons why it is a famous destination:
1. Religious Significance: Kedarnath is one of the twelve Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva and is considered one of the most important pilgrimage sites for Hindus. A visit to Kedarnath is believed to wash away all sins and grant salvation.
2. Natural Beauty: Kedarnath is located in the midst of the Himalayas and is surrounded by stunning natural beauty. The snow-capped mountains, gushing rivers, and lush green forests add to the charm of the place and provide a breathtaking view.
3. Adventure and Trekking: The Kedarnath temple is situated at an altitude of 3,583 meters and requires a trek of around 16 km from Gaurikund to reach the temple. The trek is challenging and involves steep climbs, rocky terrains, and many stairs. It offers a thrilling adventure and a test of physical and mental endurance.
4. Historical and Cultural Significance: Kedarnath has a rich historical and cultural background. It is believed that the temple was constructed by the Pandavas in the Mahabharata era and was later restored by Adi Shankaracharya. The place is also home to several myths and legends and offers a unique cultural experience.
5. Convenient Access: Delhi is well-connected to Dehradun, which is the nearest airport and railway station to Kedarnath. From Dehradun, one can easily take a taxi or a bus to reach Gaurikund, the starting point of the trek.
Overall, Kedarnath is a famous destination from Delhi for its religious significance, natural beauty, adventure, historical and cultural significance. It is an ideal destination for those seeking spiritual and adventurous experiences.